View Single Post
Old October 26 2012, 01:58 PM   #518
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Kirsten Beyer wrote: View Post

And here, I can only imagine that you are taking this from other's reactions to the book rather than your own experience of it?
Well, yes and no. My feelings come from not only what I've read about The Eternal Tide but also from Watching the Clock. That the only way for the Milky Way galaxy to survive the Borg was for Janeway to change the course of billions of beings lives.

Janeway is essential to the universe or multiverse here as much as any of us are or are not. I'm sure part of this feeling comes from your feelings about the character, to which you are perfectly entitled.
Thing is... I'm not rabidly pro- or anti-Janeway to any real degree. I've always been lukewarm on the character thinking she's had some nice moments over the years and some real head scratching moments. The biggest problem being that she's all over the place.

Which I am not suggesting you do. At all. Far too many other books out there you are likely to enjoy.
Nice snark!