View Single Post
Old October 25 2012, 11:16 PM   #173
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Any old timers still around?

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
But still not good, huh? I personally prefer the old days.
Speaking only on my own behalf, the "old days" were much better I think, than they are now, for a variety of reasons.

This should not suggest nor does it necessarily follow in my opinion however that the current "days" are bad either.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't commenting on whether the old days were good, or the current days are, or anything like that. I meant that I haven't been here long enough to do the rose-coloured glasses thing and be nostalgic about the past here.

I don't want to negate what anyone else feels, and maybe you did have more fun in the past or liked the people more. There are people that have disappeared that I wouldn't mind seeing around again, but there are people who are here now who I probably like more. But I'm also engaged in the board a lot more than I was, say, five years ago. It actually took me a long time to feel comfortable here so I don't think I hold any particular fondness for the past.

Oh, and someone mentioned that I seem familiar but I don't think I'm the person you're thinking of. There's a Kaestra (or used to be) here, and I'm pretty sure there are other Kestras floating around the internet too. But it's the name I've used online and I have never had any thoughts of changing it.

Edit: Speaking of, where's macloudt these days? Has she been posting and I've just not seen her?