View Single Post
Old October 25 2012, 11:13 PM   #135
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post

I'm not saying everyone who has made a good star trek movie/worked on good parts of the series need to have been involved/watching it since the 60's, its just that I don't think Abrahms even knew the franchise existed, based off how horrible the movie is. To be fair, the same goes for the writers, and I just found out that the writers also wrote Transformers (the first one together, and #2 with a third guy). Suddenly, everything I posted comparing it to Transformers makes even more sense. I was just comparing the audience for both, but I never imagined the first two Transformers movies and Abram's abomination share the same writers. I figured the writers were hacks, but I didn't know it was that bad.
While we're probably never gonna agree about the quality of the movie, I want to point out that those writers also wrote for the TV series' Lost and Fringe.

Bob Orci is a die-hard Trekkie who even has shelves of the novels, and IIRC Alex Kurtzman is on record as a TNG fan, whose favourite episode of any television show ever is Next Gen's finale, "All Good Things".

JJ Abrams was a casual occasional Trek viewer prior to being hired to direct STXI.
Lost sucked, and I've never seen Fringe. I do call BS on the writers being fans. No big fan of Star Trek could write this garbage (not to mention Transformers 2).
So you're calling them liars?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote