View Single Post
Old October 25 2012, 09:49 PM   #378
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Re: Red Dwarf series 9 (or is it 10?) in 2012 confirmed by Craig Charl

Well that was great!

Entangled is easily my favourite episode of this new series. Nice, easy banter between Rimmer & Lister, lots of story packed into the time, some good gags throughout and a fun ending. Plus, Professor Irene was cute, which never hurts.

Sure, if I was to quibble, I'd say there was a little too much homaging to past Red Dwarf glories i.e. Emohawk (the BEGS/GELF scene), Quarantine (Luck Virus vs Synchronicity Crystals) and DNA (the evolution beam, right down to the between legs camera angle IIRC; surely must have been a deliberate nod). I'd also question how Rimmer managed to walk right through the door in soft light mode; why didn't his light bee catch on the door? (but let's just say he used some other kind of holographic projection technology).

And it was missing one or two really big belly-laughs instead of just good chuckles. But overall, very good indeed and while Pree came close, I'd say this was the first ep of the series to fully feel totally like a "lost" episode of the original run of Red Dwarf. Not one of the all-time great eps, but certainly in the middle of the pack. Well done, lads. Now keep it up for the rest of the season.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote