View Single Post
Old October 25 2012, 06:30 PM   #128
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

I'm surprised they could only think of 15 reasons

Honestly, I hate the 2009 movie more than any other movie I've ever seen (with the possible exception of The Dark Knight). I wish nothing but failure for JJ Abrahms, he's a complete hack. Compared to the 2009 movie, ST5: TFF and Insurrection were cinematic masterpieces. It just sucks that my favorite franchise has been utterly destroyed, atleast when it comes to movies/TV. We'll never get a good movie, or a normal TV show, ever again.

I want Star Trek to be sci fi, not a mediocre action movie that was made by people who weren't even aware that Star Trek existed before some morons hired them to make the movie. I could spend hours ranted about the problems the movie had, about things like the Enterprise apparently being steam powered because of all the pipes, or the fact that having so much lens flare seems like a bad idea on a ship where people probably need to not be blinded to run it. But in the end, only one thing really matters. It wasn't star trek. Nothing in that movie even resembled it, atleast past a superficial level. It didn't have the heart that Star Trek did, it was made for people that watch Michael Bay's transformers and think its the best thing ever. It ruined every single original series character, with the possible exception of Scotty. The guy playing him atleast seemed to be ok (although obviously not anywhere near as good as James Doohan). Its fine if others like it, its all just a matter of opinion. Personally, I'll just hold on to my memories of the real Star Trek, while abrahms drags its corpse through the mud every few years with another idiotic action movie.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote