View Single Post
Old October 25 2012, 04:06 PM   #78
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Speculation: Must the villain be Gary Mitchell, or... ?

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
It was already asked and answered a few months ago. He did an interview where he was pushed into saying the comics were canon, and then he immediately retracted it in the comments.

I've only read the first two issues of Star Trek Ongoing, and I've only read the first two Starfleet Academy books. They were not very good. And I'm talking about the stories themselves, ignoring the myriad continuity errors and ignorance of Trek lore (comm badges and replicators in the 23rd century? Rape gangs roaming San Fransisco?) If this is supposed to be nuTrek's canon and somehow important (although I fail to see how being called "canon" gives them any more worth than the hundreds of non-canon Trek comics and books out there), then IMO those in charge haven't a clue what they're doing. Four novels were written and planned for release in 2010, by authors who know the Trek universe backwards and have written fantastic Treks in the past. Yet they were cancelled, seemingly in favour of this. The nuTrek Expanded Universe has been such a disappointment.

Rant over.
+1