View Single Post
Old October 24 2012, 05:13 PM   #145
Christopher
Writer

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
And yes, I noticed that it looks like the Avengers only stayed on a single street. Pretty damn obvious.
Which was logically justified by the way the situation was set up, since all the Chitauri were emerging from a single point, so it made sense to make that the focus of the battle.

I also wonder why Stark didn't take "Legolas" to the top of the tower to deactivate the portal; when BW went there in a much riskier fashion they were no closer to figuring out how to close it anyway.
You mean Hawkeye? Why would he be any more qualified to do anything about the portal? He's a sniper by training, so Cap assigned him to be their spotter, to do the thing he specialized in. That made perfect sense.

Also, this is a separate point, but all the Avengers spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out where the tesseract was, when it was obvious that it would be Stark's tower
How was that obvious? Perhaps those of us watching the movie could've deduced that by storytelling logic or by having seen the trailers, but the characters in the movie didn't have those advantages.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote