View Single Post
Old October 23 2012, 07:22 PM   #1022
Tom Servo
Commodore

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Danny99 wrote: View Post
Just finished watching the highlights of Farrell's Boston introduction and it just pushed the knife in a little deeper. His years in Toronto were "invaluable experience." We were used so he could eventually run back to Boston with "experience."

I don't blame the GM for not holding onto him. He'd play out another subpar year and end his contract and then coming running back to the Red Sox.

Don't worry Boston, you won't be as bad as last year. A .500 team is better than what you had last year right? Oh and don't worry, you'll be a .500 team until your love affair with Farrell wears off.
Bitter much? I don't blame you, but if he wasn't that good, according to you, shouldn't you be happy?

I'm not saying Farrell will be great, or even good, but he's on track with management, and they are on track with him. For the first time since Sept of 2011, the whole team is on one track. Cherington has the manager he wants, and a roster with a MASSIVE amount of financial flexibility.

They won't win the division next year, but they'll be above .500, depending on the moves they make this offseason.

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote