View Single Post
Old October 23 2012, 04:32 PM   #742
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I found this to be a very interesting interview. I was previous under the impression that Jericho was one of those few guys who Vince basically had on a "call me if you really need me" basis, but from the tone here, that would appear not to be the case.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_66059.shtml
Yeah, I've sen this elsewhere. It basically sounds like Jericho is saying that he's reached a point where he's pursued his wrestling dreams to the extent that he's content doing so. If Vince really needs him (not that Vince would ever admit to really needing any particular performer) that he can make it worth his while.

Jericho is no Rock, but he has his own projects in which he can continue to make shit-loads of money without putting his body on the line every night. Jericho has three kids that he may want to be able to pick up and cradle or contine to play with in his 50s and 60s.

Something also to consider is that with Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, Jericho has lost most of his closest friends in the business to the perils of the business.