View Single Post
Old October 23 2012, 04:28 AM   #104
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral

Re: Warp Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say

The Castellan wrote: View Post
Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
I really don't think you appreciate the distances involved.
I am going to say this once, since all this will get is either tinfoil hat jokes or cheesy pictures with infantile captions for some cheap lol factor.

I am a paranormal investigator.
That pretty much sums up your entire post.

The Castellan wrote: View Post
wow, you really, really got something against the idea of life out there, and being more advanced than us, don't you?
it's not "life out there" that people are questioning. It's "aliens have/are visiting the Earth" that people are questioning. Those are two COMPLETELY different premises that have almost nothing to do with each other.

All I am saying here is that just because someone with a title or a position in authority says something, it is not necessarily true.
Everyone knows that already. The problem is you continually fail to apply this same standard to yourself: just because YOU have the title of "Paranormal Investigator" doesn't mean your theories are any more valid than those of mainstream scientists. However, what sticks in the minds of a lot of people is that you appear to be positioning yourself in direct opposition to people who have done better quality research than you, who have spent more time studying the subject than you, who organize and support their data better than you, and by all other accounts they appear to be smarter than you.

Perhaps that's unfair to you, or perhaps it's just unfortunate. Perhaps it merely obscures the fact that you, the non-expert, have noticed something obvious that the experts have somehow missed. But science doesn't have a handicapped parking space; if you have a fundamental disadvantage, then you DO have to work that much harder to provide hard evidence for your claims. Continuing to whine about how nobody takes you seriously is simply a waste of energy.

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; October 23 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Crazy Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote