View Single Post
Old October 22 2012, 09:01 PM   #37
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

Re: The trouble with trailers for 3D films.....

Transwarp Drive wrote: View Post
Shape-Shifter wrote: View Post
I think we agree then, the OP statements:

The trouble with trailers for 3D films..... ........is that they need to be attached to a 3D movie.
Is not necessarily true.
I disagree, what's the point of going to all the bother of doing it with 3D in mind if you aren't going to promote it appropriately especially as most of those going to see it will see it in 3D?

To deny/dissgree with this is just lunacy. Is it a full moon tonight?

Well...yeah. If someone really wants to promote that a film is in 3D -- and the best way to do that is showing the trailer in 3D.

Having said that, are they really planning to "push" the 3D-ness of this film? I know it has been converted to 3D (and some scenes shot in 3D), but does that mean they will be pushing the 3D so much that they won't want to attach the trailer to a non-3D film -- such as Skyfall? Could they still attach the first trailer to Skyfall, and promote the 3D-ness through other means?

For example, Marvel's The Avengers was in 3D, but the studio do not go all-out promoting it as a 3D film. I saw one of the first trailers for The Avengers, and it was in 2D (and I saw the film in 2D). So not every 3D film always has trailers in 3D -- Why would ST "need" to be any different.

Last edited by Jackson_Roykirk; October 22 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote