View Single Post
Old October 22 2012, 03:59 AM   #190
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
The funny thing is that in the comics the timeline initially progressed alot faster than it did in the show.
Ah, right, I had forgotten how quickly the timeline progressed in the early issues. Looking back at old issues, it seems that Rick woke in late summer in issue #1; by issue #5, winter has started. Looking back at #10, though, they were still in winter when Otis led the group to Hershel's Farm.

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
That said, I do find t odd that the comics are suggesting that only 18 months have passed. I wonder why they slowed down?
The sixteen months bit came from editor Sina Grace in the letters column for #90. I think the comics timeline started slowing down after the survivors reached the prison; that location alone anchored the group for six story arcs (approximately thirty-six issues). As best as I can recall*, there have been relatively few time jumps in between issues since that point.

(* Admittedly, my memory could be pretty off on that - for most of the series' life so far, I've been reading the comics in the big hardcover volumes. A pretty decent amount of time, of course, passes in between each of those volumes. It's only within the last few weeks that I've started reading single issues.)
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote