View Single Post
Old October 22 2012, 02:10 AM   #62
Christopher
Writer

Re: Typhon Pact: Should I keep going?

^Good point. The events of Paths of Disharmony are catalyzed by the Tholians, but it's not a novel about the Tholians. It's the odd one out in the first group of five TP-titled works (four novels and my e-book), because the idea behind the other four was to do a Worlds of DS9-style spotlight on each of the Typhon Pact members they featured, and thereby reveal more about these previously minor races -- the Gorn, the Breen, the Tzenkethi, the Kinshaya. (RBoE focused on the Romulans as well as the Tzenkethi, but we already knew them pretty well.) But PoD is not a spotlight on the Tholians in the same way; it's a spotlight on the Andorians, with the eventual discovery that the Tholians are manipulating things behind the scenes. So it's not really a Typhon Pact story in the same way the others are. It's a Federation-centric story about events that are triggered by the Typhon Pact.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote