View Single Post
Old October 21 2012, 08:50 PM   #74
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 (Discussion, Spoilers)

^
Yeah, but IMO, the butler is the only guy who doesn't deserve some of Nucky's disdain. With Margaret, she did give away what amounted to Nucky's future and perhaps his path to get out of the game so I can see why he's pissed off at her and why he doesn't trust her-of which he does have some reason-owing to her cheating on him and then her unpredictable struggles with her conscience.

Nucky shouldn't be cheating on her and should definitely treat Margaret better but I do understand why there's distance between them. After last week I have to wonder if Nucky too just doesn't like being in a position where he can be the savior, which also goes back to his controlling nature. I'm not a fan of the showgirl, but if he ever did get her like he wanted her, he would grow tired of her and move on to someone else.

I don't want to make it seem that I think Nucky is blameless in his dealings. His treatment of his friends and family definitely played a part in how they betrayed him. That being said, with Jimmy he tried to keep Jimmy away from gangsterism, he wanted a better life for him, but Jimmy didn't listen. And with Eli, Nucky knows his brother and what he can do and not do and he tried to make him get that, but Eli was headstrong and totally went for killing his brother-something Nucky has never did even though he could easily do so.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote