View Single Post
Old October 21 2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
Re: Thoughts on Fringe Season 5 so far (Beware of some spoilers)

It's hard for me to form a solid opinion right now. As someone who's only recently started watching the series, and watched seasons 1-4 at rapid fire pace over a period of a couple of months (instead of watching one episode a time, week after week), things are still very fresh in my mind. And each time the show "reboots" itself, it derails the momentum that had been building and it leaves a poor taste in my mouth. I absolutely love seasons 1-3 but was initially frustrated with the timeline change in season 4. I eventually got over it, and was okay with the new status quo. However, the abrupt and dramatic shift into the future for season 5 just seems silly to me right now. Why did the writers decide to go in this direction? Why are the observers acting so... un-observer like? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that this is meaningful and there is a reason that they are choosing to end the series in this way, but it just feels so out of left field. I also really miss the parallel universe. I got the impression that it was key to the overarching story, but the way they just severed ties in season 4 was just... anticlimactic.

Until I see how season 5 plays out and how the series ends, I will withhold judgement. But so far things are just.... weird.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote