View Single Post
Old October 20 2012, 06:00 PM   #47
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: exterior surface markings of Kirk's Enterprise

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
"Well, let's see regardless of whether the pod was meant to be launched during routine ops or jettisoned in an emergency the ways Finney could've died since they were not mentioned are:
  1. Finney is in the pod when it is jettisoned, carrying the pod danger away from the ship.
  2. Finney is half-way out of the pod when it is jettisoned and exposed to space. The design of the interface to the ship doesn't have a pressure door that cuts him in half.
  3. Finney is half-way out of the pod when it is jettisoned and exposed to space. The design of the interface to the ship has a pressure door that cuts him in half.
  4. Finney is out of the pod but the interface doesn't have a pressure door and he is sucked out into space."
I wholeheartedly agree and this scene gives us an idea what everybody thought happened to Finney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1VZld8kUs

What I do not understand is why there is still this discussion (I salute Peter's patience).

It's was designed as a running light for the VFX Enterprise model and is clearly revealed as a running light in TOS.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote