View Single Post
Old October 20 2012, 09:40 AM   #996
Saito S
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Saito S
Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Well!

Forget what I said in my previous post about the Giants chances. It seems they're still alive!

I always think a LOT of momentum goes to the come-from-behind team in these situations. The Cardinals looked REALLY good in games 3 and 4, and suddenly the Giants, who had been pushed to the very edge of the cliff, have come roaring back, forcing the series back into their home park with their two best pitchers slated to start the two remaining games.

They are at the very least even with the Cards as far as who has the edge. If the Giants win game 6, I think they'll win game 7 as well.

Granted, this momentum thing doesn't always work out; just look at my poor A's in game 5 of the ALDS after that spectacular 9th inning comeback in game 4. But it worked for the Giants against the Reds, it worked for the Tigers against the Yankees (the way they won game 1 really set the tone for the whole thing), and it also worked for the Angels in the 2002 World Series... against the Giants.

So that's my call for what's left of this series: Giants win both upcoming games in SF.
Saito S is offline   Reply With Quote