View Single Post
Old October 20 2012, 06:41 AM   #97
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

Re: There's a trailer apparently.....

Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post
Transwarp Drive wrote: View Post

I don't know anyone who takes the comments section of an internet site seriously, me included. What is more interesting is themes, simularities and identifiable trends, the source is important but the general context is as interesting. Perhaps in the USA/UK, for example, there is too much emphasis on uncorroborated information (the invasion of Iraq because of WMD for example LOL) but certainly not here in NZ.

On that basis, and depending upon what you choose to believe, I think there's some negativity around this movie from within.
Oh, you all aren't immune. I think you just happen to think that's the case. And emphasis by whom? Everyone? How could you at all know that?

I think anyone, anywhere, can make claims that are uncorroborated or even outlandish. There's a lady from NZ at trekmovie (since that's the American site that started this part of the discussion) that wanted to believe that Kirk fans are all blondes that are outgoing and happy just because it made her feel good. Now, is that corroborated? And is that even a possible thing to do?

As for "themes, simularities and identifiable trends," that's something to leave to tabloids, imo. I just know what I think based off of what I read/see/hear from real sources. That's enough for me. I don't think I have the time (or interest) to track trends.
She is from NZ therefore she is right, it's the Kiwi birthright to be cut off from the entire planet but know more about it than anyone. I say that as a Brit living in NZ. It's just the way they are!

They think LOTR is a Kiwi thing, for example.

Unrelated as it may be, the WMD dossier that the Iraq war was based upon was an uncorroborated disaster of innuendo and suggestion, if its good enough to go to war on, it's good enough to throw at Into Darkness.

Transwarp Drive is offline   Reply With Quote