View Single Post
Old October 20 2012, 03:35 AM   #231
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

^ I don't know. It's not so bad right now, but Shuttlepod One definitely isn't on my rewatch list, lol.

Gaith wrote: View Post
Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post
Things were fine up until he wanted to push farther than she was willing to go and he went there anyway, and that was the violation. She never consented to that.
Yes, but "Stigma" makes pretty clear that all Vulcans know about the P'nar syndrome, so either Polly didn't ask if he had it or believed a denial without testing it, and was therefore rash either way.

In contemporary terms, she banged him without even employing a rubber, far less an STD test. The mind-violation was a serious offense, but it didn't occur until after she willingly initiated that encounter, even brushing aside his suggestion she might be going too fast.

The revelation of the syndrome retroactively establishes that she was way out of character to do that, which is another reason to consider "Stigma" a strong but non-canon ep.
I guess it's nice that you gave her a nickname, but I suspect dear "Polly" didn't want that cracker her attacker pushed off on her. She didn't bang him because that requires a more active participation than the tentative and apprehensive one that I saw.

Any by your logic, anything that happens after an initial agreement to something totally different makes what wasn't agreed to okay? There's something wrong with that.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Gaith wrote: View Post
Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post
Things were fine up until he wanted to push farther than she was willing to go and he went there anyway, and that was the violation. She never consented to that.
Yes, but "Stigma" makes pretty clear that all Vulcans know about the P'nar syndrome, so either Polly didn't ask if he had it or believed a denial without testing it, and was therefore rash either way.

In contemporary terms, she banged him without even employing a rubber, far less an STD test. The mind-violation was a serious offense, but it didn't occur until after she willingly initiated that encounter, even brushing aside his suggestion she might be going too fast.

The revelation of the syndrome retroactively establishes that she was way out of character to do that, which is another reason to consider "Stigma" a strong but non-canon ep.
Is P'Nar Syndrome communicable? I thought it was caused by the incompetence of an inexperienced Melder
, rather than melding with someone who had it?
Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. After all, Spock mind-melded many times and never infected anyone. But, then he was able to control himself and wouldn't hurt anyone for his own selfish pleasure.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Aaand onward.

Cease Fire

It's the Andorians again, and they are still fighting the Vulcans on some planet that resides on the border between their areas of space. Right off, I think they should just split the terrirory of the planet down the middle, but Archer is called in to help. Trip did a very nice job as acting captain. It's too bad that there were Andorians that would rather fight and die than talk it out. Overall, this was one of the better episodes this season.

Grade: B
---------------

Future Tense

I'm not sure exactly what this was about. We never know for sure what was going on with that ship or the supposed beacon. We never get to see the Tholians. We don't know how any of this will affect future episodes. So, all I can say is that it was interesting.

Grade: B minus

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote