View Single Post
Old October 19 2012, 10:24 PM   #26
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: how big an improvement is the star trek motion picture director cu

Grant wrote: View Post
Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
I never liked the DE, I just cannot accept new fx being done for a movie some twenty years after it's release.

I'm happy that the theatrical cut has finally been released on DVD and even BD, although I think that the SLV is the best version ... except for the airlock soundstage and the wrong space suit, but I'd take those glitches over the DE anytime!

Well, that's what I was getting at about changing things. But if a person were to be seeing the movie for the first time--which do you think they would prefer?

I don't mean a 'young' person--I mean a person of any age who had never seen the movie before.

I believe they would prefer the DE because of the flow/pacing without the established feelings people like us have from the past.
Honestly, I don't think a person today would like any version. People have been conditioned to expect certain things from sci-fi films and I don't think TMP, in any form, has those things.