View Single Post
Old October 19 2012, 04:14 AM   #42
Captain Atkin
Commander

Re: Star Trek Film Makers Association

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
Would audio dramas be welcome in this collective? I've done some work for Darker Projects' Star Trek shows, and have had a story in mind for a few years that would create an opportunity for some of our fellow fan film characters to cameo throughout the history of Trek.

I'd basically resigned myself to the notion of reaching out to each of the actors we want directly, but if the infrastructure is in place to facilitate it, would we be welcome or is this strictly for video projects?
I've worked on both audio dramas and fan films. One of the "fan" audio dramas I did is being turned into a short animated film right now (Masters of the Universe: The Dark Tower). Personally, i feel that if it isn't being shown in a visual format, it can't really be called a "film", so that would technically exclude audio dramas from being part of a fan film co-operative. However, I do think that it is a good idea to try to use actors, musicians, writers, etc, from fan film groups when possible.

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!!: Perhaps you should create a Star Trek (Fan) Audio Drama Association?
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote