View Single Post
Old October 18 2012, 03:24 PM   #1222
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
My personal pet theory (of the day) is that the Others are coming which is why Ghost was flipping out. Jon is dead, and the Wall is getting ready to fall.
I took Ghost's unease at being able to sense Jon was in danger right before he was attacked. Sensing the Others' arrival makes sense too, but we won't know for certain until the beginning of the next book. IIRC, GRRM will be opening with "two major battles". Most likely Stannis' siege on Winterfell and, as you said, the Others at the Wall. Are there any other things going on elsewhere? Ironborn attacks? Dornish displeasure towards Kings Landing? City-state battles in Slavers Bay?
I assumed the two battles Martin mentioned would be the battle in the snow (Stannis vs. Bolton forces) and Merreen (sp?).

Barristan and Co. seemed pretty screwed at the end of Dance. They were besieged and plague ridden.

But, I don't discount things getting nasty on the Wall. The Wildlings, the Watch and the Queen's men are going to probably turn on each other big time, even if the Others don't come.

Will there be a time lapse in which we don't know what is going on at the Wall? Jon was our main POV there. Mel has only had one POV, and Sam is at the Citadel now. I always assumed we would hear of what went down at the Wall secondhand for some reason - reports of the Others from stragglers that survived the carnage or urgent birds to Stannis from Selyse's company. Of course that is all just spec.