View Single Post
Old October 18 2012, 02:19 PM   #737
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
You negative lot. Give Ryback a chance, he's still fresh and potentially entertaining. Wait for him to conclusively become a boring failure in matches, then complain. He's not had a proper match, that's what makes it interesting. I'm sure he'll probably be awful and people will look back on his HiaC like the worst of late WCW. But it's not happened yet. Be optimistic, like me.
You have a lot more faith in the current WWE product than I do! See, I tend to approach professional wrestling (American pro-wrestling, in particular) with cautious optimism. I expect things to be crappy at times, but I also expect something to happen that will blow minds. The adage, "When it's good, it's really good" is so fitting.

TNA has done a complete 180 in the past year. It's been incredible how much the product has improved, especially when it comes to story telling. The Ace's and 8's reveal, in which we found out Devon was a member, was a shocking revelation! They actually managed to fool everybody, in a day and age where the dirt sheets usually know this kind of stuff in advance.

I honestly feel that WWE's lack of competition and ten-fold increase in merchandise profit in the last few years, has caused the company to slack off when it comes to good wrestling matches and storytelling.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote