View Single Post
Old October 18 2012, 06:18 AM   #30
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan
Re: Comic Prequel: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness

I love Benedict. Just as an actor and a person, he has this presence that is intoxicating.

I'd be disapointed if JJ was doing a Khan rehash, doesn't need doing IMHO, Montalban did it perfectly the first time, perfectly the second time. Although, theres no telling what JJ will do. However, a Gary Mitchell retelling would be pretty awesome.

I enjoyed the countdown to the previous movie, got my Star Trek mojo back aftert losing it in the early 2000s. Hope this is as good.

Also, if it is a doomsday machine story would be pretty sweet too. We could have Weller as Commodore Decker and Cumberbatch as the physical manipulative manifestation of the doomsday machine that works as a mind of honey trap for planets and/or civilisations that the planet killer has been programmed to seek out and destroy.

Sorry, got away from me there.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote