View Single Post
Old October 17 2012, 07:21 PM   #5108
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: All I Got Left is My THREAD BOMBS!

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I wish I had watched the debates. I'm still pretty confused about this binder/women thing.
He was making a point on how great he was at treating women equally in the workplace...

“And I—and I went to my staff, and I said, ‘How come all the people for these jobs are—are all men.’ They said: ‘Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.’ And I said: ‘Well, gosh, can't we—can't we find some—some women that are also qualified?’ And—and so we—we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. I went to a number of women's groups and said: ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”

Of course he meant to say "binders full of resumes from qualified women"...but he didn't. And it was funny.

Then the internet took over.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote