View Single Post
Old October 17 2012, 10:54 AM   #64
RonG
Captain

View RonG's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to RonG
Re: The Great Star Trek Pocket Novel Reread

flandry84 wrote: View Post
Just to be contrary but the Beyer books are exactly where I jump off the Voyager bus.Not any reflection on Ms.Beyer or her skills but I just find myself waiting and waiting for Voyager to thrill/inspire me and after what,at least 10-12 years it just has never done it for me.
I was very much like that, until I read Beyer's first VOY Relaunch novel Full Circle - it blew me away and to date I've enjoyed all four novels tremendously.

datalogan wrote: View Post
Is this project still happening?
After some initial flurry of activity, there has been nothin for over a month.
I've read a few older novels in the last couple of months:
the TMP novelization by Roddenberry (and Foster?) is very good IMO, and Vonda McIntyre's novelizations of TWoK, TSfS and TVH are fantastic (and I'm not usually one for novelizations, preferring original stories instead.

I didn't find The Klingon Gambit or Triangle to be very good, though Triangle did take a plotpoint from the TMP novelization and developed it further (the New Humans).

Older TOS books I enjoyed were Crossroad, the Yesterday duology, Ishmael, The Entropy Effect and Timetrap. As for the Bantam era, I found Spock Must Die! and The Galactic Whirlpool to be very entertaining.