View Single Post
Old October 16 2012, 07:59 PM   #734
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

I find the JBL/Ryback comparison kinda ludicrous. JBL had been a proven worker for YEARS before Vince elected to put the belt on him because he had no other real option. With Ryback, not only is he green as grass but he has an imitation of a well known gimmick. It wasn't that long ago that he was the overlyroided-looking, utterly forgettable big man from NXT season 1. Ryback is little more than Scott Steiner without the profanity-laced promos that make zero sense and thats only because Ryback has no mic skills to speak of. The only thing he has going for him is that he's inexplicably very over. Which is great, but what about all the guys who are also pretty over and have been working their asses off so much longer?

I'm no fan of JBL, but lets have some objectivity here. Has Ryback done anything to earn a title shot other than stand between Punk and Mick Foley? No.

Unless Vince is so high on Ryback that he has no idea what color the sky is, I don't see him choosing the Ryback's streak over Punk's WWE reign. Yes, HiaC could easily end in a no-contest to protect both.