View Single Post
Old October 16 2012, 03:42 AM   #151
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile
Re: Kate Mulgrew's decision to not have a romance

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
I think that it worked well. Even though there wasn't a romance between her and any (certain) members of her crew, there was still a lot of tension between Janeway and Chakotay, which kept us all asking "Will they...?" for years.

Sure, it would have been nice for there to have been a greater acknowledgement of the attraction between those two characters, but I can respect the decision not to, because it showed the other great aspects of Janeway's character. We saw what a great leader Janeway was as well as her intelligence when it came to strategy.
Definitely. I was a huge Janeway/Chakotay shipper, and even though I was disappointed that they didn't get together... it fit her character that she didn't get involved with anyone in her crew.

It wouldn't have been right or professional of her to do so. She had too much respect for them and vice versa for anything of the sort to have happened.

She was seen as a good leader and one that stood a chance against those who tried to fight against her ship and her crew.