View Single Post
Old October 15 2012, 09:49 PM   #45
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Re: Heck Yeah Moments in Trek

Fastwalker wrote: View Post
siskokid888 wrote: View Post
Come on man - when the Klingon Birds-of-Prey decloak surrounding the Romulan Warbirds in "The Defector". The ultimate.
Agree, siskokid. That was also a good "Heck Yeah" moment in Star Trek. 2 Romulan Warbirds vs 1 Galaxy and 3 Bird-of-Preys. That's a fight I'll pay Pay-Per-View for. How would've the battle ended?

1 Romulan Warbird is said to be equivalent to a Galaxy-class starship. Best tactic is for both Warbirds focus their firepower on Enterprise-D. They could probably cripple or destroy E-D before getting themselves blown.

The 3 BoPs were K'Vort class. B'rel class (158m long) is the smaller of the 2 types of BoP. B'rels are essentially fast attack or scout ships. K'Vort are cruisers who measure 678m long. In comparison, Galaxy-class ships are 643m long.

We can assume K'Vort ships are not as strong as a Galaxy-class. But 3 K'Vorts can easily kick a Galaxy-class -- as seen in the finale of TNG episode "Yesterday Enterprise".

So returning to the fantasy battle from "The Defector". The BoPs could focus on 1 warbird while E-D kept the other Romulan ship busy. In the end, Fed-Kling would prevail. But, the Romulans would win a morale victory by severely crippling or destroying StarFleet's flagship.
Good analysis. I always figured that Tomalak was threatening to use both Warbirds to open up and destroy the E, hence "you will not survive our assault". But the 3 BoPs would let lose from angles on the Warbirds, plus whatever the E could let fly, ripping them up, which prompted Picard's "you won't survive ours". And I agree - I'd pay good dough to see how it would have played out!
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote