View Single Post
Old October 15 2012, 07:57 PM   #1725
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Christopher wrote: View Post
At least most Trek aliens have more alienness than just painted skin and tinted contact lenses.
In terms of some races - Klingons, Cardassians, Ferengi - sure. But many of Star Trek's alien races have involved minimal facepaint, some forehead markings... or - usually on the original show - just different clothing compared to the Enterprise crew.

The woman with the broadened nose reminds me a bit of Dureena from Crusade, but that may be just me.

Keep in mind, this is a show from the creator of Farscape, so it's hard to avoid comparisons to the elaborate alien designs they had there.
This is true. Although most of that IIRC was due to the Henson company's involvement - I don't just mean the puppets, but also D'Argo's prosthetics.

Though O'Bannon is also behind Alien Nation, which also had a very distinctive look for the titular aliens. But I do still basically like the alien looks here. They're not amazing, but they're not bad.