View Single Post
Old October 15 2012, 05:23 PM   #23
degra
Fleet Captain

Re: TV Ratings, Oct 8-14

TV just has gotten progressively worse over the last decade IMO. I used to not have a problem finding several consistently good shows--in recent years it has been a struggle just to find something halfway passable.

Networks just dont have the kind of writers they used to have. Instead of fresh storytelling, good casting and compelling characters we are treated to a bunch of stale recycled stories I've seen done better a million times before(just about any CBS series. cop/hospital/legal drama) OR we get some overly ambitious epic mystery drama that quickly falls to pieces with bland characters or worse yet bland plot devices(hello V, FF, Invasion, Surface, Alcatraz, The Event, Revolution, Last Resort, Happy Town, Heroes to name a few). And even the "better" series can only muster maybe about one decent season before imploding(Heroes, BSG, Prison Break)--gone are the days of a series putting out at least 4 or 5 good years of consistently quality episodes.

And cable tv is just as bad. SyFy, A&E, History etc have strayed from their intial purpose and have started to become more and more full of crap.

Honestly I've considered dropping cable/Dish and just watching older series on Netflix--even if I've seen them a thousand times before--they are much better written than the crap today that relies on sloppy writing, shallow characters, juvenile humor, flashy effects and ADHD pacing.
degra is offline   Reply With Quote