View Single Post
Old October 13 2012, 08:50 AM   #46
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Lets talk about money.

Leonard and Sheldon share an apartment identical(ish) to Penny's and lets assume they both get about 40 grand a year each, but live in an apartment that a waitress can afford easily....

National Salary

• The mean hourly wage for physicists is $53.49 and the mean annual wage, or average annual salary, is $111,250, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2009. Median annual wages for physicists range from approximately $56,210 to $165,750. The lowest 10 percent of employees earn less than $56,210 and the top 10 percent are paid more than $165,750.

They're either earning a lot less money than I thought or they are putting a lot of money in the bank.... Or they have dozens of storage lots full of their comicbooks.

Penny isn't vain or a gold digger, but if she forced him to live within his means rather than as a fucking child (I mean student), she could have a very comfortable life.

I don't think she understands what it's like to be with someone who isn't working for minimum wage, and Leonard is an asshole for pretending that he is as poor as she is.

He spends more on comics a week than she does on food and utilities.

She's going to see his paycheck at some point and slap him.

"I just assumed that you got paid 20 grand a year because, you klnow, you dress like that."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote