View Single Post
Old October 12 2012, 10:39 PM   #11
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Star Citizen - Chris Roberts' new game

Timby wrote: View Post
Ghostavo Fring wrote: View Post
Plus, he is trying to hop the MMO bandwagon. Like, ugh, we really need another one?
To be fair, though, it seems to be aiming more for Freelancer's original concept, of a persistent and dynamic galaxy with a real-time economy -- basically, EVE Online, minus the suckiness. I've never tried an MMO, but I'm really tempted to pitch in $30 and hope they meet the fundraising goal. The Wing Commander series pretty much defined my gaming as a kid.
Same here. I loved those games. Then Chris Roberts thought he could be a Hollywood director and went off the rails for a while.

Although I like the concept of EVE Online, it's "hardcore" nature turns me off. I do not want to be risking real money in a game.

I'm still on the fence about kicking some money into this. I put $50 into Wasteland 2 already!