Thread: Jimmy Savile
View Single Post
Old October 12 2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Bob The Skutter
The Revd's Oldman

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Jimmy Savile

Fleet Street Fox on this whole situation.

Ann Barrett was an immature 15-year-old when Jimmy Savile got her into bed. He made her have unprotected sex, let his aides watch, and charmed her parents into letting their young daughter visit his flat where he abused her.
She said: "I once wrote a letter to a friend saying that Jimmy kissed and cuddled me and took me to bed. It was intercepted by her mum and she contacted my parents. But my dad turned on me and asked, ‘How can you say things like that about Jimmy Savile?’ Like most people he thought Savile was this paragon of virtue."
No-one could blame Ann for keeping it secret after that.
June Thornton, a patient at Leeds General Infirmary in 1972, saw Savile abuse a brain-damaged patient .
She said: "I thought he was a visitor coming to see her. He started rubbing his hands down her arms and then – I don’t know of a nice way to put it – he molested her. He helped himself. She just sat there and couldn’t do anything about it."
June, confined to bed after a back operation, could not intervene. She told a nurse, and she was ignored.