What are your five favorite TV theme songs. Rules:
1. Please try to name the five in order from most favorite to least.
2. Also the theme most have lyrics that are song during the shows run (If a show changes themes say which theme is your favorite.) for example, Dallas
and Star Trek
would not qualify because they have no lyrics and M*A*S*H
would not qualify because, the lyrics to Suicide Is Painless
is not sung.
3. No voice over themes like the Incredible Hulk.
My Favorites are:
- This Is It (One Day At A Time)
- There's A New Girl In Town (Alice)
- Without Us (Family Ties there's an early version same song just different opening montage Says it's from season 1 but I don't remember it.)
- Scooby Doo! Where Are You? (Scooby Doo! Where Are You? 1st series)
- I'll Be There For You (Friends)
I'll be there for you just beat out the theme to WKRP In Cincinnati
, I couldn't find the one that begins with the story about a Senator who couldn't explain why he had no pants; and the End song
was a joke
The closing theme, "WKRP In Cincinnati End Credits", was a hard rock number composed and performed by Jim Ellis, an Atlanta musician who recorded some of the incidental music for the show. According to people who attended the recording sessions, Ellis didn't yet have lyrics for the closing theme, so he sang nonsense words to give an idea of how it would sound. Wilson decided to use the words anyway, since he felt that it would be funny to use lyrics that were deliberate gibberish, as a satire on the incomprehensibility of many rock songs. Also, because CBS always had an announcer talking over the closing credits, Wilson knew that no one would actually hear the closing theme lyrics anyway.
So what are yours?