View Single Post
Old October 12 2012, 01:35 AM   #59
FKnight
Commander

Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

The author is absolutely correct about the entire fiasco from the moment Spock jettisoned Kirk to the moment Kirk and Scott beamed back. The entire Delta Vega side trip was shoehorned, badly written, and ill thought out for reasons I can't state better than the author.

I don't know about anything else, but I dropped about $10 bucks to see this and it was pretty mediocre to be sure. I'm not talking about ship lengths, ill placed lighting on the ship, breweries, or affairs. Just saying it wasn't much better than Speed II. And to nip this in the bud too - IMO all the TNG movies sucked too except Insurrection, which should have been a TV episode anyway.

I went to the theater to watch Trek '09, but with the new Trek movie, I'll probably go back to what I was doing from ST7 on -- waiting for it to come out on Netflix. Not terrible movies, just not really better than much else that's out there, and not even as good as a lot. I'll definitely be going to the theater for the Hobbit though.

I guess what I don't understand, and probably won't because it's all subjective opinion anyway --- why people think Trek '09 is great. It's okay.
"You have been examined. Your ship must be destroyed. We make assumption you have a deity, or deities, or some such beliefs which comfort you. We therefore grant you ten Earth time periods known as minutes to make preparations."
FKnight is offline   Reply With Quote