View Single Post
Old October 12 2012, 12:59 AM   #9
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Star Citizen - Chris Roberts' new game

Timby wrote: View Post
Ghostavo Fring wrote: View Post
Ah, I see he is trying to raise the money to make it. Well, good luck to him. I might swing a few bucks into it, but not much. He has disappointed me too much in the past for me to believe he can really deliver on this--especially when it's something brand-new to him, namely an MMO.
There are two components of Star Citizen -- there's the online portion, and then there's Squadron 42, which will be a robust single-player offering.

In any event, what has he produced (outside of the Wing Commander film) that's ever really been disappointing? Sure, Starlancer wasn't incredible, but it was still pretty solid.
Starlancer/Freelancer, though I now he didn't have much final say in the latter.

It's just been quite a while since he's worked on an actual game, and now he's venturing into what is new territory for him. I am pretty skeptical. Plus, he is trying to hop the MMO bandwagon. Like, ugh, we really need another one?

I might be into Squadron 42 though!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote