View Single Post
Old October 12 2012, 12:43 AM   #127
Blip
Fleet Captain

Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

No, I entered the thread to legitimately comment on Hive (what, did you think I decided "Dimesdan commented last, I must go and argue with him!", as opposed to entering a thread based on its title?!); so you can knock off the holier-than-thou, patronising request for opinions.

FYI: What I had intended to say regarding issue 1 was that I wasn't fond of the artwork and that (as others appear to agree) the story is a pretty blatant recycling of plotlines used before in one form or another through TNG and VOY. As such, I won't bother with #2.

But, you derailed things by making baseless accusations, which both Sci and myself rebuffed. Not to mention an undeservedly arrogant attitude in your responses to an accomplished Trek Lit author, and openly insulting him by way of your petty little "pedantic" jibe. I sincerely doubt you'd have the gall to act that way in real life, and if you do then shame on whoever dragged you up into adulthood!

You insist upon continually arguing that Christopher made a sweeping, absolute statement that Producers don't ever read tie-in products. This is quite blatantly not what he said, and your accusation is therefore false. Restating it ad nauseum will not make it magically come true. How is this hard to comprehend?

As far as his lack of a reply to you, consider: A) We don't all log in every day on these forums, due to Dreaded Real Life. B) He's possibly decided your lack of comprehension of even basic English is sufficient to warrant your argument as unworthy of taking the time to respond further.

If it's the latter, I'm inclined to agree. And about how that looks from where you're sat, I couldn't give a flying Shat's hairpiece.
For those determined to contort yourselves into knots so as to include every minor production flub as gospel, and shoehorn it into "cannnonnnnn": STOP. I don't have all day to waste on here; I quite like enjoying real life thankyouverymuch.
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote