View Single Post
Old October 11 2012, 10:38 PM   #32
JD
Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Should I keep going?

Ktrek wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
And pardon the blowing of my own horn, but TrekMovie voted Typhon Pact: The Struggle Within the best short story or novella of 2011, and even called it the "clear winner... for all Star Trek fiction in 2011."
Not to be rude Chris but that could be just a reflection of the current state of Star Trek lit, which in my opinion is at a real low point. Not that your story was not good but I would have rated it as fair and no way the best of all Star Trek fiction for 2011. Star Trek books in general are getting less memorable. I kind of wish Pocket would reboot the whole book line and start fresh with some new blood and new ideas.

Kevin
BillJ wrote: View Post
Ktrek wrote: View Post
I kind of wish Pocket would reboot the whole book line and start fresh with some new blood and new ideas.

Kevin
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
I'd have to disagree. Yeah, the last few books since Destiny haven't been quite as good as they were before and leading up to Destiny, but I would still rate them overall as very good, and would be very upset if they rebooted with new writers. Honestly, overall I'd say that what we are getting in Trek lit is the best Trek we've gotten since DS9 ended. I say that a big fan of both Voyager and Enterprise.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote