View Single Post
Old October 11 2012, 10:28 PM   #444
DWF
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
DWF wrote: View Post
There's nbo such thing as canon on Doctor Who and in The Hungry Earth it was changed to only Amy standing on the hill since Rory was erased from time.
And since Rory's exisntence was restored, presumably he was standing with Amy on the hill again.

And there's still no frame for the graveyard scenes.
The modern day New York scenes are set in 2012. This is fact, stated in dialogue a couple of times. Rory's grave was seen when the Doctor and Amy left in the TARDIS to begin their attempt to get to 1938. At the end, after Amy and Rory are returned to the graveyard after their jump off the roof, there's a line like "we're back where we started" suggesting this is 2012. More concrete proof, after Amy and Rory are transported by the Angel the Doctor runs to Central Park to get the page he ripped out of the book, meaning that it must still be 2012.
Fantastic, 2012 I can understand but I don't know the idea that it was set in 2021 came from. And since Rory and Amy died before 2012 their can't be a version of them from 2020 standiing on a hill in 2010.

ETA: I suppose the argument could be made that the Doctor took Amy and Rory from 2010 and put them on the hll to be able to wave to themselves, although that really makes no sense at least to me. But it also makes no sense for the Doctor to take the 2020 versions of Amy and Rory to Central Park in 2012. I guess it's just better not to think about it too much.

OTOH, I don't see a reason why River Song can't be his official companion now, since they are married.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books

Last edited by DWF; October 11 2012 at 10:40 PM.
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote