Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

StarMan wrote: View Post
Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post

Something looks eerily familiar here...

Freeze at 1:17.
I've seen this a few times and I never noticed that it said Trekbbs, probably because I didn't know what that was until about 2 months ago. I just figured they made up the name. Was it really like that in '09? I know that Trekmovie is like that, but I haven't seen much of that behavior here so far.
The thread titles in the clip are exaggerated. The Onion writers undoubtedly drew upon some of our more... special contributors.
Thanks for the info. Yes, those and others I'd assume.

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Copy/pasting a set of screencaps someone made at the time that first appeared:

The Onion News Network folks doctored it somewhat, but it's pretty clear from the icons down the left side, a few visible usernames, and other details what their source images were.
Okay from this one I can tell with the top part that they are poking fun at Trekmovie, A Source For Some Things Trek. And I"m not trying to be mean with that; it's just true. Seriously, T'Bonz does better by herself than the whopping 16 people they have listed as staff contributors on their about page. It is what it is.

The forum part looks kind of like the bbs board style though, unless Trekmovie had a forum at one point.

EDIT: I didn't count the 3 global contributors and a few others, so its:

8 Editors
8 Reviewers
3 Contributors
3 Global Contributors

Which makes 22 people on the written content staff. There are also 3 artists listed.

I don't want to take away credit where it is due.

The thread titles in the clip are exaggerated. The Onion writers undoubtedly drew upon some of our more... special contributors.
I remember some of the titles from that period (and some of the screeds which were posted beneath) - they really weren't exaggerating all that much. We had some angry, angry people then, as well as some who went just as far in the other direction.

Those were interesting times, those were.
I can only imagine.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf

Last edited by Spock/Uhura Fan; October 11 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote