View Single Post
Old October 10 2012, 09:55 PM   #67
Tom
Rear Admiral

Re: Who would you like to portray the 12th doctor?

Judge Death wrote: View Post
DWF wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Patrick Stewart is older than Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy...currently.

Hey, we're all having fun, I presented a rather unlikely option myself, just saying some of the options have been a bit of a lark.
If you're suggesting that age makes a person a questionable choice than I can't agree.
I don't think he's saying that, he's making the point that given Stewart is in his early seventies now in 2/3 years time he'll be about 75, and however good shape he's in, I've heard Smith, Tennant and Eccleson comment on how tiring a filming schedule Who is. There's no way a man in his mid seventies could handle it.

And bear in mind that at 75 he'd be 20 years older than Hartnell was when he took the role!
Plus the format of the show is so condensed (40 to 50 minutes per story, baring 2 parters) that it relies on the Doctor constantly running around. The classic series could take more time, but sometimes to much time and got boring. The actor playing the next Doctor will be anywhere from 25 to 45 years old.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote