View Single Post
Old October 10 2012, 08:01 PM   #38
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Daredevil back to Marvel Studios?

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
I know there was even a rumor that the Oscorp tower would make a "cameo" in Avengers and vice versa with Stark Tower.
It wasn't just a rumor; it would've happened if time had permitted.

I was paired with Avi Arad and [Amazing Spider-Man producer] Matthew Tolmach for my 1-on-1 [...]

Here’s the story – last week, The Amazing Spider-Man's production designer J Michael Riva passed away after suffering a stroke at the age of 63. Not only did he design the Oscorp Tower for ASM, but he has a staggering resume of awesomeness including The Goonies, The Color Purple, A Few Good Men, Congo, Evolution, and the upcoming Django Unchained.

Oh – And the Iron Man movies.

That design overlap, and the stunning look of the Oscorp Tower (seriously stunning) was enough for Marvel Studios and Sony to have the discussion about inserting Oscorp into The Avengers skyline. The Unified Marvel Manhattan Skyline almost existed.

By the time the Oscorp building was fully designed, The Avengers digital Manhattan was already basically rendered and there was some up-conversion that needed to go down, so – for timing – it was scrapped.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote