View Single Post
Old October 10 2012, 08:36 AM   #428
Starkers
Admiral

Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Judge Death wrote: View Post
How do we know for a fact he never visited Reinette? Her letter? What does that prove? As I said upthread I can easily visualise Reinette and the 11th/12th/13th Doctor sitting down together to write it!
Do we know it for a fact? No. We only have the letter to go by.

But I think it lessens the emotional impact of the story to introduce a timey-wimey out as a way of getting around the story's ending. The point of the story was that Reinette was on the Slow Path while the Doctor wasn't. Stripping that away for the Doctor to come back for her doesn't make much sense.
Oh I agree, and I'm not suggesting it was a get out, I was just making the point that if a gravestone isn't incontrovertable evidence neither is a letter.

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post

But they didn't disappear from their own timeline. It could be they were ALWAYS destined to go back and live the rest of their lives in the past.
Season 5's 'The Hungry Earth' seems to contradict that even if it is from a universe that doesn't exist anymore.
Well... there you go... that universe doesn't exist anymore, as you said.
But the Hungry Earth shows us time being rewritten anyway, given that at the start of the episode Amy and Rory are seen in the distance, but at the end it's only Amy.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote