View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 11:30 PM   #127
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: TP: Brinkmanship by Una McCormack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Sci wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post

Seems pretty obvious. Prevent their attempts at face-saving backroom deals from staying in the back room. That's exactly what they did to the Khitomer powers in Brinkmanship, albeit unintentionally.
Okay I'll give you that, but I don't see how that advantage wouldn't go away as the other powers got used to it.
Because the need of other powers to engage in face-saving backroom deals is going to continue so long as both sides use small powers like the Venette Convention as proxies in their cold war.
No I'm pretty sure its not just a Cold War thing seeing as countries still do that with the Cold War over.

And that doesn't really explain how this is some diplomatic game breaker. Hell the only reason that it seems to work in this instance is that the Federation forgot to point out that

Only if both sides make a specific effort not to drag the Convention into their diplomatic spats will that need disappear.
I doubt that will ever happen.

(Assuming one side or the other doesn't win the overall Khitomer/Typhon cold war, of course.)
To be fair things were going well until the Tzenkethi decided to engage in their latest round of douche baggery, honestly I think Praetor Kamemor might want to yell at the Tzenkethi Autarch for going around trying to undermined every attempt that is make peace between the Khitomer Accord powers and the Typhon Pact members.

Last edited by Hartzilla2007; October 9 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote