View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 06:03 PM   #420
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Winnie The Pooh wrote: View Post
Don't need hard and fast rules, just this ending feels so unsatisfying when they've already had 3 decent jumping off points in their relationship with the Doctor that were more satisfying and just the week before they had another opportunity to call it a day in a way that would have left them in a good place without any of this convoluted nonsense.
Alright but then you just end up with a value judgment. Me, I didn't think it was "convoluted nonsense" and I thought this ending was satisfying.
Fair enough. I just think that I've been left unconvinced by much of series 6 and 7, so these kinds of twists and turns that amount to nothing have left me jaded and unwilling to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy them as written. My score for this half series would be 2 decent, 1 good, and 2 that bugged me too much to let me really enjoy them at all.