View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 04:16 PM   #411
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Judge Death wrote: View Post
Winnie The Pooh wrote: View Post
Judge Death wrote: View Post
Thing is this isn't just about the last few series. Why couldn't the Doctor pop back to see Reinette? Why couldn't the Doctor travel back a matter of minutes to save Adric?
Well Reinette made at least some sense given the rules they'd set out because he knew for a fact he'd never visited her after he jumped on the TARDIS, but for Amy and Rory all we have is a gravestone. That tells him nothing but the gravestone is there. There doesn't even have to be bodies in there. Or if there are he could have brought them back there in their 80s and let them live their last few years there. The fact the gravestone is there means nothing at all in the life they had.

When it comes to Adric, well that much is obvious. He wanted the little prick to die.
How do we know for a fact he never visited Reinette? Her letter? What does that prove? As I said upthread I can easily visualise Reinette and the 11th/12th/13th Doctor sitting down together to write it!
Her letter and her husband saying that she died waiting for him. Though I guess that's not "fact" but it's much closer than a name on a gravestone.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote