View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 03:02 PM   #457
RonG
Captain

View RonG's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to RonG
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

MatthiasRussell wrote: View Post
RonG, I think Eternal Tide is my least favorite of Beyer's books but I think it is still a solid story where the "resurrection" is well handled and is not even the major plot. I can say that, because I've read it.

You cannot judge a book and your outlook of the entire series based upon your expectation of a book you haven't read. Doing so, speaks more negatively about you than it does about Beyer and of the Voyager series.
I wasn't judging the entire series (arc) and certainly not Ms. Beyer - note what I wrote about Full Circle and Unwritten.

I also wasn't judging the book per se, but rather a significant development which influences the entire setting and has been spoiled and discussed on this very thread.

It is my opinion that this very same development changes (reverts) the series into a status quo that I personally don't care for and I think it's perfectly legitimate to expect to be done with VOY after this novel.

As I've written, I *will* read this novel and *will* form a final view on it, but *based on what I've read about it*, it's my current opinion - I don't think this speaks about me either way, other than my taste in Trek Lit.