View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 07:08 AM   #136
JD
Admiral

Re: Dredd - Grade, Review, Discuss, Spoilers

I think a big part of it is the fact that at least in the US most of the people who would be the biggest part of the target audience don't know who Dredd is. The only reason I have any idea is because I hang out on sites like this, but I have a feeling the average American who don't wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about if I brought Judge Dredd up in a conversation. Then there was the poor marketing, I saw a handful of short TV spots, and honestly none of them were interesting. Now, I like Karl Urban, and love Lena Heady, but most people probably wouldn't have any idea who they were if I said their names. Now they might recognize their pictures as a dude who was in Star Trek that chick who banged her brother in Game of Thrones, but they really aren't the kind of people who will draw big numbers. I will admit didn't see it, but it was a very serious contest between this and Looper last weekend, and Looper did end up winning. I feel kind of guilty now that I realize just how bad this is doing.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is online now   Reply With Quote