View Single Post
Old October 9 2012, 12:18 AM   #53
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 (Discussion, Spoilers)

Garak wrote: View Post
I have pretty fucked up dreams so I like the dream sequences.

I think it's all part of Nucky coming to terms with what he did to Jimmy and what he has to do now that he's chosen this path. He always was at a distance and had other people take out the trash for him now he's sitting down across from people stealing from him, having a frank chat and then ordering his henchmen to kill the thief.

I think another poster was bang on when they said he threw himself into the new relationship and it became a distraction to how he was actually feeling - when he's alone, his mind gets the best of him.
I agree. He's been trying to keep himself busy and push down his feelings but they pop up every once in a while.

OhGodBen wrote: View Post
The Sopranos is the only show that ever came close to capturing the essence of the shifting chaos of what dreams are actually like (my dreams, at least) so I don't mind if more shows adopt that style.
The Sopranos dream sequences were so fantastic. Loved them. They're my favorite part of the show and I think Boardwalk's dreams this season have been really good as well. Mad Men's are more hit and miss.

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Very badly done this episode...
I thought last night's was the best of the first four. The Eli thing was odd but other than that I thought it was excellent.